Office Administrator/Key Account Manager – Allied Health Focus – Full or Part Time Available
We have two fantastic opportunities to work with our amazing team!
We have an awesome office located amongst the cafes and shops in bustling Hampton East and conveniently close to public transport.
Our culture is ALIVE – whether it be our company lunches, team meetings, fundraising activities, community involvement or after-work drinks and social gatherings – we’re always up to something fun!
Fully paid training and continued support, coaching and growth towards other opportunities as they arise.
Culture of reward and recognition.
We are a Virtual Practice Management business. These roles offer ongoing job security as being in the Allied Health space, we always have clients that require our support.
We are looking for two fabulous people to join our team. We have a variety of work for each Account Manager as we currently have just moved into a new office and are excited to be growing rapidly. We offer Virtual Assistant Solutions to Allied Health Practitioners Australia wide – which means we offer offsite reception and administration services for our clients from 8.30am-7.00pm. The hours for these roles would be between 8.30-6pm.
If you are bright, empathetic, understanding and keen to work in a small but growing team and are able to manage a busy workload…then this role is all yours!!
Job tasks and responsibilities
This is a Office Administrator/Key Account Manager role which incorporates all aspects of administration including the core component of answering the phones and being an Account Administrator for multiple businesses.
The key tasks for this role are:
- • Reception Management – entails all aspects of a Receptionist role (although based offsite with no face to face with clients), answering a high volume of phone calls and booking new clients into online diaries
- • Managing the internal emails, responding to and actioning all office enquiries
- • Assist with the processing of invoices and rebates online through the diary management programs
- • Building solid relationships with your clients both online and over the phone – with your Key Accounts and others in your team
- • Building our clients practices through conversion of new clients
- • Being proactive in going above and beyond to ensure you are always one step ahead of your clients ensuring you are making their day as smooth as can be.
- • Keeping all procedures up to date and proactively searching for new ways to grow the business
- • Managing and taking ownership of your own group of clients
Skills and experience
We work in small teams, so it is imperative you are a team player who enjoys assisting others to ensure your day runs smoothly.
To be successful in this role you will be proficient in these tasks:
- • Outstanding phone manner – patient and understanding
- • A good listener with advanced empathy skills
- • Experience in Halaxy, Cliniko or Power Diary advantageous
- • Office administration experience
- • High attention to detail
- • Experience in answering the phone (High call volume) – Required/Essential
- • Ability to multi task and take on new clients/programs/processes throughout the year as the business grows
- • Must be able to work autonomously and be open to learning new things on a regular basis
- • Accurate with data entry and organised with excellent time management
- • Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and outlook – Required/Essential
- • A keen interest in Psychology and Allied Health Practices (Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy etc)
- • Able to work efficiently, being proactive in task finalisation
- • A collaborator – someone who enjoys working with and learning from others
Job perks and prerequisites
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years office experience, including answering multiple phone lines as a prerequisite. You may have worked in a Medical Clinic or Allied Health Practice or as an Administrator in an office – all of these businesses and experiences are well suited to our role.
We are close to public transport or for drivers a shared carspace, with a relaxing area in our office to switch off for breaks.
The days fly by as we are busy, so this is a Reception role with a difference……you will always have something to do and be able to make the role your own if you have highly advanced communication skills. Your role is virtual, so you are constantly building that trust and reliability with your clients……and it gives you amazing job satisfaction to know that you are not only assisting one business to grow, but multiple practices as you oversee a small list of Allied Health businesses.
With job security an absolute bonus in these uncertain times, I would love for you to please send a resume and cover letter about why this role would suit you and your reason for applying for the role.
Applications close 30th April. The role is based at our office In Hampton East and will begin in the next few weeks or as soon as the candidate is available to begin, as we have our travellers heading off in May.
We will be looking for new staff throughout the year as our business is building and expanding, so please keep an eye out for further job advertisements.
Please send through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and note your available start date and expected remuneration as soon as you possible.
We look forward to having you as part of the team at Time Well Spent.